Paragraph numbering issue

William Abernathy william at inch.com
Mon Jul 9 11:07:09 PDT 2007

All: I'm having a difficult time finessing this one, and I think I need someone
to help me come at it from a different angle. I have chapterwise paragraph
numbers that I want to reset on every chapter break, and I have a set of
requirement numbers that I want to sustain across chapter boundaries. Hence:

Section 5.10.6
	blah blah
	Requirement 47: Thou shalt Foo

Chapter 6

Section 6-1
	blah-blah
	Requirement 48: Thou shalt Bar

The problem is that I still end up with:

Section 6-1
	blah-blah
	Requirement 1: Thou shalt Bar

The current Heading p-tags are: C:<$chapnum>.<n+>.< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>\t
(for Heading1, outputting "N.1   [Section Title]" and resetting all subheadings
in the C: series). At the chapter break, the Chapter title P-tag resets the
entire series with C:<$chapnum>.< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>.

The current Requirement p-tag is: R:Requirement <n+>

I have set the paragraph numbering properties to continue paragraph numbering
from chapter to chapter, under the theory that the C: series will be reset by
the chapter title regardless. Nonetheless, the R: series doggedly resets at the
chapter breaks. As things stand, I'm having to cook up a fudge p-tag setting at
the chapter breaks, which is obviously unacceptable.

What am I doing wrong?

--William