More than one element in a paragraph?

Lin Surasky Lin.Surasky at retalix.com
Mon Jul 16 16:43:58 PDT 2007

Hi all-

I'm still plodding along in my downtime, setting up a structured
application so that eventually I'll be able to import XML data from our
development (bug-tracking) database. I have the basics working, but I'm
not sure how to break up the bug (er, feature) information. Right now I
just have an element, BUG, that has a general rule of BugNum,
Description. BugNum = Number, Title. I want these to be separate
elements because they're separate fields in the bug tracking system. But
I want the number and title to be in a single paragraph.

What do I need to do? I've worked around it by assigning Number a
special run-in paragraph format, but in the long run I want to get away
from formatting in FrameMaker as much as possible, and use the DTD to
define how the text looks.

So what I have is:

<BUG>
  <BugNum><Number>Bug 1234: </Number>
  <Title>Yet Another Bug in the System</Title></BugNum>
  <Description>It don't work so good.</Description>
</BUG>

What I want is:

<BUG>
  <BugNum><Number>Bug 1234: </Number><Title>Yet Another Bug in the
System</Title></BugNum>
  <Description>It don't work so good.</Description>
</BUG>

I can provide my EDD if that'll help diagnose what's missing; I just
don't know what else would be helpful at this point.
Thanks very much!
Lin