Save book as postcript

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Thu Jul 19 15:31:53 PDT 2007

Hi, Bodvar:

What your suggestion is missing is the fact that DoBatch provides
command-line automation. DoBatch is a Windows version of the fmbatch
FM-UNIX utility. Although the OP didn't explicitly say it, I believe
the goal is to run a multiple-step process with DoBatch, and end up
printing the book to .ps, or perhaps simply print a collection of
books to .ps under a command-line script.

I know that fmbatch has a parameter that can specify a printfile - an
FM file that's set to print to a particular printer. I don't know if
DoBatch or DZBatcher from DataZone (also free) can do this; I'm not
sure if an FM file can remember a printer specification, to make this
work.

You can read fmbatch documentation in FM user manual or online help,
and of course, you can find DoBatch documentation at the cudspan
location.

HTH

Regards,

Peter