deleting backup files

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:01:47 PDT 2007

I'm convinced that autosave and automatic backup are among the
most misunderstood features in FrameMaker, which is why I continue
to post messages explaining them. No need to go slinking off to the
back of the classroom if you were laboring under a misconception.

In the case of autosave, many users assume that the well-engineered
feature in FrameMaker operates in the same brain-dead way that it
is implemented in so many of the applications we are all familiar with.

And in the case of the automatic backup feature, users assume that
it is a well-engineered feature when it is really kind of a Q&D kludge
that functions quite differently than its name implies that it should work.

-Fred Ridder