Special > Marker dialog box has disappeared

Wed Jul 25 14:27:59 PDT 2007

Dennis Davideit wrote:

> A couple week ago, my "Marker" dialog box suddenly
> disappeared. That is, when I click Special > Marker, the
> Marker dialog box does not appear.
>
> The other dialogs in the Special menu display correctly
> (Anchored Frame, Cross Reference, etc).

You probably inadvertently moved it off-screen. Or maybe changed your
display resolution to the same effect. To fix it, open maker.ini in a
text editor. In the [DialogLayout] section, there is a line like this:

Markers=997, 400

Your numbers are probably different (bigger). They specify the location
on screen of the upper left corner of the dialog. I don't recall if it's
horizontal, then vertical, or the other way around. Change them to
something reasonable, like:

Markers=200, 200

Save and close maker.ini, and start (or restart) FM. That should fix it.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs