Pantone bug?

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 09:02:06 PDT 2007

FrameMaker 7.0, Mac

I have been asked to use Pantone 164 for a design. There appears to be an oddity with FrameMaker's Pantone libraries, which give Pantone 164CVU, for example, as C:0 M:47 Y:76 K:0, which is a browny-orange, instead of the correct purple tint, C:50 M:100 Y:0 K:0, as in, for example, Illustrator.

My questions: am I imagining this, and if not what's the best workaround? I can of course set the 'correct' CMYK values in FrameMaker, but that breaks the association with the ink color spec and probably messes up the plate count in the pre-press PDF.

--
Steve