Vertical spacing inconsistencies [more]

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 14:53:41 PDT 2007

At 12:19 -0500 27/7/07, Peter Gold wrote:

>I hope I understand your meaning. If you mean that the inter-paragraph
>space varies for the same consecutive paragraphs formats, depending on
>where they are within a column or text frame, perhaps one or more of
>these options are turned on: Format > Customize Layout > Customize
>Text Frame > Balance Columns or Format > Customize Layout > Line
>Layout > Baseline Synchronization.

I have found a fix for the problem, but I don't know why it fixes it.

If I create a new double-sided document and copy/paste the body page contents from the template into it, the vertical leading issue goes away.

This strongly suggests that it may be something to do with the master page text frames, but I'm not sure what.

--
Steve