How To Prevent From Deleting Markers?

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Mon Jul 30 13:41:01 PDT 2007

On Monday, July 30, 2007 03:18 PM, Angela Akridge wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I'm using Frame/WebWorks to produce manuals and online help. I use so
| many different market types. I find that it's quiet easy to
| accidentally delete markers.
|
| I use markers to produce the context-sensitive help, index markers,
| hypertext makers, etc. My headings are getting pretty darn crowded. Do
| you know of any best practices to prevent against accidentally
| deleting markers?
|
| (I use different colors so that I can distinguish one marker type from
| another, and this helps alert be to a marker, but this isn't really
| help with my immediate concern.)
|
| Angela

An option would be to get IXgen from Frank Stearns & Associates
www.fsatools.com

IXgen has a mode that expands the markers inline in the document which
makes it very easy to edit the marker info but also makes it difficult
to accidentally delete a marker.

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com