FM layout causing inconsistency when printing a PDF?

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:31:24 PDT 2007

Hi Rene,

I can only tell you how it is with Acrobat 6.

When one prints a pdf from Acrobat other than the standard set size
(Letter size in the US, A4 in Europe), Acrobat usually does something
of the sort you explain. I have a lot of users that have to be able to
print different sizes, and my solution has been this:

Before you print from Acrobat, you have to go to Acrobat's File >
Print Setup (SHIFT+CTRL+P) and set the size in there. Then and only
then can you expect to print in the normal way (CTRL+P). It seems that
it is not enough to set the settings int the regular Print window.

The downside is that this is something you have to tell your customers
to do, because Adobe did not exactly advertise this clumsiness.
Hopefully this has been solved in later versions of Acrobat.

HTH,

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson