Skewed graphic boxes

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Jun 1 11:25:39 PDT 2007

Scott White wrote:
> Folks
> I have a client who when she creates a ps file from Frmae 7.2 and
> distills  her background boxes look skewed, ie the box narrows in some
> places and looks normal in others. From what I gathered from her is she
> creates a box, fills it with a solid color, lays a text box inside and
> types what ever words she wants or just types a text line inside the
> filled box. Either way the outside, or simulated shadow box, narrows in
> some places instead maintaining a constant size.
>
> I tried following her steps and I couldn't get the same results.
>
> She is using ariel font, frame 7.2, distiller 7.0. I was using distiller
> 6.0.
>
> Any thoughts???

It might have to do with the resolution setting in the AdobePDF printer
properties.  IIRC, too high a setting can cause problems.  On the Layout
or Paper/Quality tab, click Advanced, and set the Graphic print quality
to 600 dpi.

Also, if the effect she wants is reverse-colour callouts for a graphic
or something similar, there's a simpler way.  There's no need to draw a
separate coloured rectangle.  Just insert a text frame, type the text,
tag it with a pgf tag that sets the text colour, then select the text
frame and set its fill to the background colour.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

I'll stop saying Microsoft is arrogant when
Windows stops saying "Welcome" and instead asks "May I?"