FM crashes on print book to file (surprise! No?)

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:14:51 PDT 2007

Art,

Thank you for your concern and sorry for the misunderstanding.

I am using the Distiller 7 that came with FM. I also have installed
Acrbat 6 pro. The odd thing though is that it seems that FM can see
the old joboptions, but Distiller 7 can only see the ones that reside
in its own default folder.

However, I have been promised Acrobat 8 within the week, so I will
check that one out as I said in an earlier posting. If that does not
resolve the problem I will probably have to "iron" the hard drive as
we say over here and do a clean install of everything.

Maybe the plethora of updates (security and insecurity) of XP is doing
some tricks on the system that influences FM in a disturbing way.
Anyway, this behavior seems to be increasing. I have never before had
this sort of situation with FM 7.2 that I could not find a way around
with the help of the friends on the list or otherwise.

For the present manual, this is not a great problem. I had printed the
book several weeks ago in the same way without any problems, but found
out that I had been a little bit hasty about the TOC, so I had to
update the book and rerun the TOC and replaced it in the pdf file for
printing. Now I am only trying to print the book in order to have the
hyperlinking work in the pdf. But since it is primarily a hard copy
document, this is not such a big issue.

Bodvar