Linking to PDFs from Frame

Zoe Lawson messalina17 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 07:52:28 PDT 2007

I know this has been asked 8 billion times, but I can't access the Frameusers.com search function.

We're moving slowly and painfully to a DITA solution, so we have stuff in FrameMaker, and stuff in XML. We have a pure XML DITA tool set (not FrameMaker for DITA) and FrameMaker 7.1.

I have one chapter that's in XML that we use our tools to turn into a PDF.

I then will add this PDF to the end of a PDF generated from our FrameMaker source.

I know I can add bookmarks in  Adobe Acrobat.

I know that I can use a hypertext marker  "message openfile pathname" to open a PDF.

1. Is there a way to open to a specific heading in a PDF?
2. If I add the XML source PDF to the end of a FrameMaker source PDF in Adobe Acrobat to create a single PDF, is there a way to create/keep Xrefs?

Thanks!

Zoë