Proofread your EMails

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 10:48:30 PDT 2007

Ok, my favorite word-processorized boo-boo. For reasons that are now lost in history, my company is called 'WordMongers' [we sell words, right, geddit?]. In negotiating a contract a few years back on behalf of the company, I requested that all instances of the term 'author' be changed to 'WordMongers', as the contract was on behalf of the company.

The signature field came back 'Duly WordMongersised:'. No-one noticed except me, so it went into history like that, as I rather liked it.

--
Steve