Global Footer Change

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:39:03 PDT 2007

This would be simple if the company name had been included
in the master page as a reference to a variable. When I
designed the templates for my former employer, I had used
that approach and it meant that we were able to do the
first-order rebranding of our documents with a minimal
amount of work when our company was acquired. The
second-order rebranding was more painful, however, because
the new owner's corporate style required the template to
include the corporate logo on each page, so we were stuck
importing the new page layouts into every component of
every book. Not fun.

But am I reading you correctly that you are manually modifying
the master pages in each file? No need to be *that* manual
about the change. Do it once (ideally using a variable for the
company name so that the next name change will be less
painful) and then use File>Import>Formats to import the
Page Layouts to all the other component files.