Sudden printing problem

Al Friend afriend at howelllabs.com
Mon Jun 11 12:46:20 PDT 2007

I've been printing this book for years; printed it several times in the last
couple of weeks with no problems; now all of a sudden, it won't print. I'm
making a .pdf.

First I get a message saying "Cannot print some imported images (note I have
no imported images, only referenced ones!), then when I click OK, "A problem
occurred during printing."

Removing a largish color image from the cover page eliminates the first
message; OK, so far so good. But I have to turn off both "Generate Acrobat
data" and "Print to file" to get it to print, and then of course, I don't
have my links in the finished .pdf.

Been here before, but it's always been something like trouble opening a
chapter because of unavailable fonts or broken links. Easy to beat by
pre-opening all files. This time my bag of tricks doesn't work. What's up?

[FM 7.0; Windows XP; Acrobat Pro 6.0]

Al Friend
Safety Officer, Tech Writer/Editor
Howell Laboratories, Inc.

This email was sent by Howell Laboratories, Inc. or Shively Labs. It may
contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you suspect you
were not intended to receive it, please delete it without copying or
forwarding it, and notify the sender by reply email or by calling
207-647-3327.