Pasting a link to excel 2007

Wed Jun 13 06:59:00 PDT 2007

Paul Grigg wrote:

> Just something we've noticed: if, in FM, you Edit > paste
> special > paste link to a table in an excel 2003, the table
> appears in FrameMaker, but when the file is printed, either
> to a physical printer or to distiller, the table turns into a
> black stub. Anyone else noticed this, or have a solution?

Don't paste, import. Select File > Import > Object. In the Insert Object
dialog, check Create from File, and browse to your Excel file. Check
Link and click OK.

One caveat: FM 6 obviously preceded Excel 2007, so you'll probably have
to save the Excel file in an earlier format (97/2003 or maybe 5/95)
before you do this.

HTH!
Richard

------