"Save as PDF" problems?

Brad Simmons bsimmons at agleader.com
Thu Jun 14 08:15:03 PDT 2007

Hello fellow Frame users,

I am running FM 7.2. In my current User Manual, I'm hoping to come out
with the second revision (the first was last spring). Unfortunately, my
FM book is giving me grief when I try to do a "Save As PDF." When I try
this, it regenerates the whole book, then promptly gives me the
following error messages, in succession:

"To execute a 'Save as PDF' command you must have Acrobat Distiller
version 5.05 or higher installed."

"To execute 'Save as PDF' command you must have PDF Job Options
defined."

This makes me so frustrated! I already have Distiller 7.0 installed on
my computer. Why can't it see this?

As for the "PDF Job Options" error,...what in the world?  How am I
supposed to define these PDF Job Options? I looked to find a window
titled PDF Job Options, but to no avail. Since I've never messed with
PDF Job Options in my life, (to the best of my knowledge), why does FM
want me to define these now?

Back when I was running 7.0., I didn't have these problems. "Save As
PDF" worked every time.  Have you ever seen these two error messages
before? If so, do you have any idea how to fix them?

-Brad