3rd level index entry problem

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:47:52 PDT 2007

What you're adding to the index entry is not a paragraph tag;
it is a *character* tag.

If this formatting is something you want to apply to every
1st-level index entry, the way you should do this is by setting
the formatting in the paragraph format of the Level1IX paragraph
tag in the paragraph catalog of the IX file. Doing global formatting
in the index entries themselves is simply a mainetnance nightmare.

As to why your index entries aren't working properly, I'm not
sure I have any good ideas. One thing you might want to try
(assuming that you really do intend to stick with the approach
of applying character formatting in the index entries) is to
explictly cancel the character format at the ned of the top-
level entry using <Default Para Font> just before the first
colon.

And just to make sure: You're not including paragraph breaks
or line breaks in your index markers, are you? There's a known
bug in FrameMaker relating to that.