Graphics that are too large

Judie Vegh Judie.Vegh at onbase.com
Mon Jun 18 07:15:22 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of creating a new style for some manuals.
I really like manuals that have two columns per page, one column
designated for text and steps, the other designated for images and
figures. Unfortunately, some of the screenshots that I have to take are
large, and even scaling them down by DPI in the Object Properties dialog
box, won't benefit the manual because they don't look nice when output
to a PDF.

I feel that the easiest solution would be to create a master page with
two columns and another master page that allows for room for a large
graphic at the bottom of the page and apply it as I need it, but is this
really fast and efficient? I feel like it will cause more headaches than
ease-of-use.

What would anyone suggest doing to remedy these large graphics (besides
not using them), and allow it to be efficient?

Thanks,

Judie

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attached documents may
contain confidential information from Hyland Software, Inc. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for the
delivery of this message to the intended recipient, the reader is
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message or of any attached documents, or the taking of any
action or omission to take any action in reliance on the contents
of this message or of any attached documents, is strictly
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, at
(440) 788-5000, and delete the original message immediately. Thank
you.