Cannot launch distiller to create PDF file

Adam Schweitzer adam.schweitzer at magellan.aero
Mon Jun 18 08:29:35 PDT 2007

Just to verify, to "print to the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver
instance", I did the following:
File -> Print
Setup -> Name to Adobe PDF -> OK
Print

This does not work.  It appears to work on Frame's side (albeit still
exceedingly slowly for some documents), but in the Adobe PDF printer
queue, I get an error message "the document failed to print".

When I check the "print to file" box, Frame does generate the .ps file,
from which I am able to produce a PDF successfully (and it seems to be
consistent).  However, when the Adobe PDF printer is selected, this can
be quite a bit slower (several minutes vs. less than 20 seconds) than
when a physical printer is selected (although - I guess because the
printer is monochrome - the resultant PDF loses all colour information).

So I think there's still something not quite right going on here.

Adam