OT: My Favorite Software

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Fri Jun 22 10:03:28 PDT 2007

I've got lots of software installed on my computer, but there are only a few
programs that I really love and use a lot. Besides FrameMaker and the Adobe
Creative Suite products, there really is only one program that I use every
day-- Directory Opus.

Directory Opus is a file manager that beats the pants off of Windows
Explorer (Sorry, but there's no Mac version). You can make dual windows,
compare directories, do batch renaming, and so much more. You can save a
list of favorite directories for one-click jumps. It's got so many more
features and so much more power, that I don't know what I'd do without it. I
can even install Directory Opus to a thumb drive to carry around for use on
other people's computers without having to install it on their machines. It
has a ton of options and it's hugely customizable. You can pretty much
customize the whole interface, if  you want, including what appears in
status bars. It even beats PowerDesk and ExplorerPlus-- other third party
programs I've used in the past.

Anyway, it makes my life a lot easier, so I thought some of you might want
to take a look. You can find information and download the full version for a
free 60-day trial here:

http://gpsoft.com.au/index.html

Mike Wickham

P.S. I haven't been prompted to post this, nor do I receive any
compensation. I'm just a very satisfied user, sharing a favorite tool with
fellow framers.