On-screen count of changes?

Michael.Long at thomson.com Michael.Long at thomson.com
Fri Jun 22 10:54:44 PDT 2007

 So--while working in FrameMaker 7.0p579 (XP) I thought that I was
entering words into the Find field of the Find/Change dialog, while
trying to read something elsewhere. But my fingers were hitting the
wrong keys and when I looked up there was a prompt box that said
something like "6 changes have been made this session."

My reflex to close the box was faster than my comprehension, and I
clicked OK, then the box was gone as I realized what I had read. I
didn't know that FrameMaker could produce an on-screen count of changes
per session--probably counting applications of change bars.

Does anyone know what facility that is and what keyboard shortcut
activates it? I did a quick check of help and the Complete Reference but
no luck.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Long