Some questions about reference pages, index specifications and font size

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Sat Jun 23 08:25:46 PDT 2007

Hi Framers:
I have generated several independent indexes. However the page number font
size is not constant for the same level. Thus I will have for example:
Cape

1657-1750 54

1680-1730 36

The page number "36" is oversize (actually it is the paragraph number).

I seem to think that the answer must lie in the reference pages, but the ref
page headed "Index Specifications is only one of three which appears to
control the size of the font in the index.
I have been importing formats. Have I inadvertently overloaded the index
specifications?

I am becoming dizzy trying to find out where I m going wrong..
Thanks
Rob

Robert C.-H. Shell
Extraordinary Professor of Historical Demography
UWC
Courier address:
Room 3,23
Statistics department