Some questions about reference pages, index specifications and font size

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Sat Jun 23 10:28:05 PDT 2007

OOOOps!

I forgot to suggest that the most likely specification that's in use
is on the Reference page named Index. However, without knowing the
complete setup of your book, I may be overlooking something.

I also forgot to include this test procedure, which is an alternate
approach to isolating the cause:

> > I seem to think that the answer must lie in the reference pages, but the ref
> > page headed "Index Specifications is only one of three which appears to
> > control the size of the font in the index.

* Before starting this test, make a backup set of the files, then from
the Book window, in your test set, use Shift+File - > Save All Files
in Book, and then use File > Save Book.

* Manually remove the same two of the three index specifications from
all the files in the book, then regenerate. (The reason for removing
manually is that the import process doesn't remove objects (master
page layouts, formats, reference pages, etc.) that are missing in the
source of the import, so removing two index specifications from a
source file and importing that into other files won't remove a
specification.)

* Regenerate the book and note the result.

* If all is OK, you're done. From within any file in except the Book
window, use Shift+File > Save All Open Files (make sure there are no
open non-book files that you don't want to save in their current
state.)

* If the result is NOT OK, from within any non-book file use
Shift+File > Close All Open files (answer No to save changes),  then
reopen the book, and from within the book, use Shift+File > Open All
Files in Book . Then, repeat the test with a different single
specification in place. (NOTE: Open All Files in Book opens the files
in minimize size.)

Regards,

Peter