Thumbtabs issue

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 21:53:18 PDT 2007

At 01:21 -0700 25/6/07, Radha Padmanabhan wrote:

>* Each chapter start has $header_footer1 set to the chapter no. (hard coded)
>* the thumbtab image in the master pages remain in the same position for every chapter
>(Still the tabs move when seen in body pages )
>* the thumbtab image also holds a place (text frame?) for Runnung H/F4.

The technique is to place the thumbtab, as an anchored frame, in its own rotated frame(s) on the marker page, and then 'drive' it down the page by preceding it with a running h/f variable. There are a couple of techniques. You could be completely forgiven for being unable to fox it out ;-)

At 10:57 -0700 26/6/07, Pat Christenson wrote:

>The tutorial and lots of other useful stuff is listed on http://www.frameusers.com/?q=taxonomy/term/66 but I can't get any of them to open or download. I wanted to compare to the process I'm using. Help?

Looks like this part of the new website isn't totally debugged yet. I have a copy: mail me off list if you want one. I also used Brad's technique, in a modified form, in a recent book, and wrote it up in an article of my own. I can provide a copy of that to anyone who wants it if required.

--
Steve