Generating an outline from a written & formatted document?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 08:44:47 PDT 2007

A fairly quick and easy way to do this is to generate a TOC from the book file.
Then open and Save As one of the existing FM outline templates. Edit
the new file, changing the names of the paragraph tags to correspond
to the tag names used in the TOC.
Import the formats to the TOC, and edit out any tags that you don't
want to use.

If you want to, you can also just copy-and-paste the TOC info into an
empty outline template and do a series of Global Updates from the
Paragraph Designer to convert the XYZ_TOC tag to a Heading1....

Art