platform - technical solution

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Thu Mar 1 01:08:51 PST 2007

On 28 Feb 2007, at 18:21, Chris Borokowski wrote:

> I'm sorry to post into this contentious topic, but I
> specialize in technical solutions, and here are a
> couple:

Thanks, Chris. I look at all possibilities.

I'm fairly tech. savvy, so if I was a solo FrameMaker user, something
like Parallels could be a solution. But for a small enterprise with a
network of writers, translators, and editors all using Mac FrameMaker
spread accross Europe, Japan, and the U.S., add to that Japanese,
Chinese, and Russian, in addition to the usual European languages,
and your clients are world-class manufacturers, where the average
manual department manager's biggest fear is not having a printed
manual to drop into each carton when the production line in China
starts up, you need a system that's very, very reliable. Pretty much
like the Mac/FrameMaker combo we've used, relied on, and had great
success with for the last 14 years, I guess.

Paul
<http://www.fm4osx.org/>