Structured Frame saving XML

Fri Mar 2 07:27:59 PST 2007

Trevor Nicholls wrote:

> Our source documents are in XML and we edit in structured
> Frame. I have XSL processes running successfully on Open and
> Save and I have no issues with the validity of the XML which
> Frame is giving me. However I do have an issue with the
> layout. Because our XML files are managed by a source control
> system, I would like to minimize the differences between
> revisions, and Frame's apparent perversity regarding
> line-wrapping in particular is making this difficult.

Well, I'm just a dumb unstructured author, but I thought the whole point
of XML, SGML, etc., was to separate content from presentation. If line
wrapping isn't presentation, I don't know what is.

Maybe I'm confused and don't understand your question. But what does the
line wrapping (or other page layout matters) have to do with the XML
file that you're source-controlling?

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs