Structured Frame saving XML

Kenneth C. Benson kbenson at pegtype.com
Fri Mar 2 07:45:22 PST 2007

From: "Trevor Nicholls" <trevor at castingthevoid.com>

> Because our XML files are managed by a source control
> system, I would like to minimize the differences between revisions, and
> Frame's apparent perversity regarding line-wrapping in particular is
making
> this difficult.
>
> Is it following any rules at all?
> Can we know what they are?
> Can we change them?

What perversity? Yes, text wrap does follow rules, you can know what the
rules are, and you can change them. Of course, you should expect the wrap to
change between revisions. I mean, you're changing the text, right? What you
should not expect is for the text wrap to change in text that has not been
revised. Unchanged text should wrap exactly the same way every time you flow
it in.

Most of the controls that affect text wrap are to be found in the Advanced
tab of Paragraph Designer. But, of course, things like indents and font size
will affect it as well.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com