Out of Memory Errors

Zoe Lawson messalina17 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 17:15:52 PST 2007

Greetings,

I'm working on a rather graphics-heavy project.

I made a black and white version using EPS and PNG files, and everything was fine.

Now I'm making a color version, and things aren't so fine.

1. Some of the PNG files (made with Corel Draw X3) are not being recognized by FrameMaker as PNG files. Frame asks me to import the image using a PNG filter. They worked fine in black and white, but no so much in color. They are different images, the black and white images are not grayscaled versions of the color. I took copies of the black and white images and colored them. Any ideas as to why FrameMaker isn't recognizing the PNG files?

2. After trying to print the book several times, being told that images Frame could view the last time I opened the file 'will be imported as gray boxes', I get "FrameMaker is out of memory" errors. FrameMaker has also given me several "Sorry, FrameMaker has to unexpectedly quit" errors. Since all the info you get is Hex, I have no idea.
Are all the color images (much larger than black and white, plus they're at a high (300-600 dpi) resolution so that they will print well) confusing FrameMaker?

3. If I can get Frame to acknowledge the PNG files, and instead of printing my book, I print each individual Frame file and piece it together in Adobe Acrobat, will I lose any quality as far as a printer is concerned?

Thanks. I'm getting rather frustrated, so any insight will be GREATLY appreciated. I would like this done by Friday, if possible.

Zoë