looking for a way to automate alignment in tables

Cybele Knowles knowles at meteoritics.org
Wed Mar 7 14:07:23 PST 2007

At my job we use unstructured Frame 7.2 on Windows XP. We often typeset
tables that contain columns of numbers. In these columns, we vertically
align cell contents on the decimal. We do it by manually, adding numerical
spaces and hard spaces at the beginning of cell contents where needed. We'd
like to find a way to automate this. For example, we'd like to be able to
drag-select a column and then press a button that says "Align on decimal" or
some such. Although we have no experience with Frame plugins, I'm wondering
if an existing or custom plugin could be a solution. I'm writing you wise
people to get some advice. Do you think a plugin could help? If so, do you
have recommendations for companies that write plugins? Or is there any other
solution? Thanks very much in advance for any help you can give. --Cybele