Color seperation help

Jacob Schäffer js at grafikhuset.dk
Tue Mar 13 16:13:27 PDT 2007

Hello list,

I've just come across this topic and saw the comment from Dov Isaacs, who kindly provided a link to our Grafikhuset Publi PDF software, the successor to the relatively aged, but quite popular Colour Chameleon software.

I have to add to Dovs comment that Grafikhuset Publi PDF have to have its Optimizer module enabled to provide the functionality most Framemaker users need (if they work with colored documents). Please see <http://www.grafikhuset.net/publipdf/OptimizerPlugin.htm> for details. In most cases Framemaker users should concentrate on the Color Optimizer part and ignore the Media Optimizer part (depending on template design, but enabling Media Optimizer will likely require significant changes to both design and general workflow).

If you work with SPOT colors you might have special interest in the "OptimizerAutoMergeSpotPlates" feature (http://www.grafikhuset.net/publipdf/OptimizerPlugin.htm#OptimizerAutoMergeSpotPlates), which may be worth an extra study.

Dov mention the RGB limitation on Windows. If you want to know more about this issue you might find my "Difficult PDF documents in prepress" article interesting (http://www.grafikhuset.net/international/technology/whitepapers_pdfstuff_workingwithpdf.htm).

Finally, I have to add that Grafikhuset provide a 30-day live *client* edition for download (http://www.grafikhuset.net/PubliPDF/download.htm). Feel free to use and test it in sharp production for as long as it lives.

All the best
Jacob Schäffer
Author of Grafikhuset Publi PDF