Translation question

Sarah O'Keefe okeefe at scriptorium.com
Fri Mar 16 16:03:02 PDT 2007

Let's see.

* Bilingual Korean-English (or Japanese-English)
* capable of translating "proprietary technologies in optics, software
and systems integration designed to meet the process control
requirements of today’s advanced semiconductor technologies" (I don't
think I even understand that in English!!)
* capable of training people on the above

Does this person even exist in the universe?

I'm going to go with, "They would be very very very expensive." :-)

Also, I'm pretty sure that your VP is mistaken. Like tech writers, a lot
of translators are pretty introverted. Most trainers are pretty
extroverted. Rare to find someone who would enjoy both kinds of work.
This sounds like two different people to me.

Sarah

Sarah O'Keefe				okeefe at scriptorium.com
Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.	http://www.scriptorium.com
Blog: http://www.scriptorium.com/palimpsest/