Background with JPEG

mathieu jacquet bobitch at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 02:05:34 PDT 2007

I come back to what you both said about transparency after reading this
technical note by Adobe :

" Transparent Color in Images Is White in FrameMaker

Adobe FrameMaker doesn't support transparency in image files (for example,
EPS, TIFF, GIF, or JPEG). When you import an image, FrameMaker maps any
transparent pixels to white to enable irregular text runarounds. If
FrameMaker did not map transparent areas of images to white, text runarounds
would not work correctly with the image"

(http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=317850)

So, does FrameMaker support transparency at all or not ? Apparently,
versions affected by this technical note are 5.0 to 7.0...WAs it fixed with
the 7.2 version ?

Thank you for you help,

Mathieu.