Strange PDF Problem

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Wed Mar 21 02:07:39 PDT 2007

This issue was raised a few times in the past. In the case discussed below,
Martin sent me generic sample files with which the problem was easily
reproduced in FM 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2.

I'll patiently repeat my recommendation not to use "Save as PDF", for this
and several other reasons.

I fully agree with Diane Gaskill's recommendation: set the FrameMaker book
name so that it has the name you need for
your PDF, and don't change the name when print to a .ps file (or when/if
you use "Save as PDF").

Don't rename the PDF either, unless it's not part of a document set and
only after you verified that its "internal" links do not point to the old name.
For a current FM>PDF example, see http://www.microtype.com/Hmmm.html [When
internal links go ... (external | bad),
Feb. 2007]

Shlomo