Multiple types of page numbering?

mcowan at rcn.com mcowan at rcn.com
Thu Mar 22 06:30:39 PDT 2007

Does anyone know how I can solve the following problem?

Document needs to have the typical page number with small romans for the TOC, TOF, etc and Arabic numbering for the other chapters in the book.  (That's no problem)

HOWEVER, the problem come in when our contract requires us to have the following in the header:
  Pages:  xxx (# of xxx)

I got the header set up, but for the # it pulls from the number of the page in the document numbering format.

Help???
I'm sure there's a way to do what I want in FM, but I just haven't figured it out.