Replace Paragraph Tags

Howard Rauch techtransfer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 22 11:28:19 PDT 2007

I reorganizing and formatting for my client a manual that was prepared by out-of-country firm. Both firms are using FrameMaker 7.0, but the source firm uses a different format from the one my client uses. Importing text and reassigning my client's paragraph tags to the source text, but I am doing each paragraph manually.

Is there a way that I can import text from the source manual and globally search and replace the paragraph tags? For example, the source manual uses a ameritem tag for body text and my client uses a1body for the same text. My client's format has about 25 tags so a global replacement would be a  big help.

Thanks in advance

Howard Rauch

Technology Transfer, Inc.
"Linking Creators and Users of Technology"
933 North 18th Street
Manitowoc WI 54220
Office: 920-682-1528
Cell: 920-629-0080