converting Frame to Word

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Wed Mar 28 11:35:29 PDT 2007

> I was leaning toward using Mif2go to get RTF, and then using Word's
> master document to build the "book".

Do a Web search and you'll see that the experts say that there are only two
kinds of master documents in Word: those that are corrupt, and those that
are about to become corrupted. Absolutely stay away from the master document
"feature" in Word. It has never worked right.

The last time I tried master documents was with Word 2000. It couldn't even
handle straight text files (with an occasional italics) without bombing out.
And saving the master document file itself never worked. Every time I
reopened it, it was empty and all the files had to be repopulated manually.

Mike Wickham