converting Frame to Word

Brad Simmons bsimmons at agleader.com
Thu Mar 29 13:21:35 PDT 2007

Yvonne asked:

"I was recently asked to convert our FrameMaker template into a MS Word

template. Yes, I know this is backwards (and we all know the benefits of

Frame over Word)."

Yvonne, I was recently faced with the very same situation. Like you, I
understand that telling other departments "just to go out and purchase
Framemaker" may not be a workable option.

Thus, after trying several different workarounds, we hit upon one that
worked quite well: I first used FrameMaker to create a PDF. Then, I used
a program called "PDF to Word" which is manufactured by a company called
Very PDF. (http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2word/index.html).

This program took my PDF and created a Microsoft Word document much
smaller than my previous attempts. And at $39.95, this is a much cheaper
solution than telling others to buy another copy of FM!

(And no, I don't work for "Very PDF". I'm hyping their product free of
charge! :)

-Brad Simmons