Frames within Frames Question

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue May 1 09:52:17 PDT 2007

Putting the illustration in an anchored frame, not a graphic frame,
would be the standard way to do this, so that it floats and adjusts to
the right/left layout changes according to the parameters of the
paragraph tag...

And as far as twiddling the default setting, there are at least one or
two plug-ins that allow the preference to be set.

Art

On 5/1/07, James Monaco <JMonaco at unet.net> wrote:
> Hello Framers,
>
> We have books with different text frames for left and right master
> pages (in order to leave more space in the gutter than on the
> outside). When you insert a graphics frame for an illustration it
> references the page, not the text frame. The result is that if the
> pagination shifts, as it often does as you insert new graphics or
> futz with the text, the graphics frames are often off-center since
> they are getting their coordinates from the page, not the text frame,
> which has moved.
>
> Does anyone have a workaround for this?
>
> (It seems to contradict the very principle from which Framemaker gets
> its name!)
>
> While I'm at it, it is annoying and time-consuming to have to set run-
> around properties separately every time a graphics frame is inserted.
> Shouldn't there be a Preference for "Always Run-around Bounding Box"?
>
> (Mac FM 7.0, I'm on digest)
>
> Thanks!

> James Monaco            212 777 5463
> UNET 2 Corporation              212 777 5534 (fax)
> 80 East 11th Street             800 269 6422 (sales)
> New York NY 10003               http://UNET.net     http://HEPDigital.com

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358