Deleted empty pages still reappear after updating the book

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:39:41 PDT 2007

Check the following chapter file's pagination settings. My guess is
that it's forced to start on a particular page, and the previous file
has no choice but to add a blank page to make the pagination flow
properly. Set the following chapter's pagination to "Next Available"
if you don't care whether the chapter starts on the left or right
page.

On 5/7/07, Judie Vegh <Judie.Vegh at onbase.com> wrote:
> Hello Framers!
>

> I've recently been updating FrameMaker books that have been handed down
> to me. At the end of some chapters, there is a blank page. To rid the
> book of these blank pages, I select Format > Page Layout > Pagination,
> and then Delete Empty Pages in the "Before Saving & Printing" drop-down
> select list. However, once I update the book, the empty page is
> regenerated. Why is this?
>

> Is there a problem with the template, or is FrameMaker notorious for
> generating blank pages after updating?
>

> Any insight is appreciated!

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attached documents may
> contain confidential information from Hyland Software, Inc. The
> information is intended only for the use of the individual or
> entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
> intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for the
> delivery of this message to the intended recipient, the reader is
> hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
> this message or of any attached documents, or the taking of any
> action or omission to take any action in reliance on the contents
> of this message or of any attached documents, is strictly
> prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
> please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, at
> (440) 788-5000, and delete the original message immediately. Thank
> you.

Bill Swallow