Deleted empty pages still reappear after updating the book

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:39:44 PDT 2007

It's probably happening because the chapter in the book _after_ the
one you're playing with is set to start on a specific page, probably a
right hand one. And the program is adding a blank page to Chapter A to
make sure the following Chapter B is paginated correctly.

Also, you don't mention whether you're making the settings in the
chapter files, which only control individual chapters, or on the
component files within the book -- where you want to be making the
changes.

Art

On 5/7/07, Judie Vegh <Judie.Vegh at onbase.com> wrote:
> Hello Framers!
>

> I've recently been updating FrameMaker books that have been handed down
> to me. At the end of some chapters, there is a blank page. To rid the
> book of these blank pages, I select Format > Page Layout > Pagination,
> and then Delete Empty Pages in the "Before Saving & Printing" drop-down
> select list. However, once I update the book, the empty page is
> regenerated. Why is this?
>

> Is there a problem with the template, or is FrameMaker notorious for
> generating blank pages after updating?
>

> Any insight is appreciated!

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358