More Elegant Indexing Solution

Brian Weis bweis.wordsmith at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:43:17 PDT 2007

I've already responded to Kevin, and we have a solution that works.

When inserting an index marker for Kevin's "tutorial" passages, you need to
append the marker text with <Emphasis> . This would be the only difference
between the regular (or standard) reference and the tutorial references. For
example, using the index entries from Kevin's initial email, the text of the
index marker for the "creating new distribution rules" tutorial would be:

Distribution Rules:creating new distribution rules <Emphasis>

I tested this in my own doc by trying to create index entries for a report
description. The first index marker was placed where the description
started. Then I inserted the "<Emphasis>" marker where a sample screenshot
occurred. The resulting Index entry looked like this:

sales
     return detail lookup 36, *37*

(Yes, the "37" is italicized, but the "36" is not).

--
Brian