Arabic translations from English FrameMaker files

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue May 8 04:22:22 PDT 2007

Hi Tanya,

FM does not work well with Arabic (or other without extended ASCII
languages). However, for small jobs I have been able to do this by
adding settings the environments on my computer to Arabic (except for
the keyboard settings -- you should be able to toggle between your
regular locale now and the Arabic) and copy the Arabic text from Word
or Open Office Writer (and do the necessary changes in there) to a
ready FM frame flow. You can even do some changes in FM by finding out
the key combinations for the different forms of the arabic letters.
The last thing I had done by one of our staff whose native language is
Arabic etc.

Hope this is of some help. For bigger jobs you would certainly need
some outside help. I believe there are several people on the list that
could help you there.

Bodvar