DITA for training materials?

Pat Christenson pxenson at comcast.net
Fri May 11 10:50:38 PDT 2007

I have a client who wants to move from Word to FrameMaker for their
training materials. Someone else told them they should go to
Structured FrameMaker/DITA. The training  group has only one output
for their materials - print. They don't reuse the materials except to
revise them with software updates.

Does Structured FM/DITA offer any benefit to such a group? I know
it's a lot more overhead getting it set up and with just one output
and no multipurposing, I don't see the usefulness.

Thanks.

Pat