Text in SVG disappears when importing into Frame

Sean Pollock spolloc1 at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 12:26:56 PDT 2007

   Can you open the SVG in Adobe Photoshop? SVG is an Adobe format and
   some versions of CorelDRAW often mess with output formats (e.g., EPS
   export from CorelDRAW is tricky).
   Sean Pollock
   Learning Media Development
   Teamcenter Visualization/VSA
   Siemens Automation and Drives
   UGS PLM Software

     From:  "Teasdale, Steven (GE Indust, ConsInd)"
     <Steven.Teasdale at ge.com>
     To:  "Fred Ridder" <docudoc at hotmail.com>,
     <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
     Subject:  RE: Text in SVG disappears when importing into Frame
     Date:  Fri, 11 May 2007 10:58:48 -0400
     >Hi Fred
     >
     >The tool used was CorelDRAW. The charts were created entirely in
     CorelDRAW and exported to SVG, so there should be no multiple
     layers.

     >- The problem is not related to a specific font, as it occurs for
     all fonts in my system.
     >- I can open the SVG in OpenOffice and the fonts are properly
     displayed. If I resave it from OpenOffice, the same problem occurs
     in Frame.
     >- As mentioned earlier, the fonts display properly in IE as well.
     >
     >I also created a small drawing in OpenOffice which I then exported
     to SVG, and the same problem occurs.

     <Steven.Teasdale at ge.com>
     > >To: <framers at lists.frameusers.com>
     > >Subject: Text in SVG disappears when importing into Frame
     > >Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:31:49 -0400
     > >
     > >Hello all.
     > >
     > >We have a set of flowcharts in SVG format that I would like to
     import as
     > >graphics into FrameMaker. The SVGs display fine in Internet
     Explorer, but
     > >when I import them into a FrameMaker, the text disappears and
     only the
     > >lines are displayed.
     > >
     > >Is this a known issue with FrameMaker, or is it in the way the
     SVG was
     > >created?
     > >
     > >The fonts are embedded into the SVG file (with subsetting), the
     SVG styled
     > >with an internal style sheet, and encoded as UTF-8.
     > >
     > >Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
     > >
     > >Thanks,
     > >Steven Teasdale
     > >GE Consumer & Industrial
     > >Multilin
     > >Senior Technical Writer
     > >
     > >T: (905) 201-2433
     > >F: (205) 201-2098
     > >D: *494-2433
     > >E: steven.teasdale at ge.com
     > >W: <http://www.GEmultilin.com>
     > >
     > >EnerVista software - simply the most powerful way to manage your
     GE