TW hiring qualifications

Chris Borokowski athloi at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 06:44:11 PDT 2007

This reminds me of the certification debate a few
months ago. I don't believe there is any single way to
accurately predict whether someone will be a good
technical writer. But, much like the SAT predicts
general aptitude and the rest is up to you regarding
college, a degree in any field requiring structured
thinking and communication is good to see. I would
look more at philosophy and literature majors, as well
as people with experience writing in the lab sciences.
They have the basic skill, and the rest is a matter of
experience.

--- Rene Stephenson <rinnie1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't think anyone thinks that an English degree
> alone means a person is qualified.

User Interface design blog
http://user-advocacy.blogspot.com/
Code::Design::UI::Consulting