Character switching FM/Distiller

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Wed May 16 06:48:02 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to use Zapf Dingbats (that has never failed me!) to
display and print a.o. the digit 2 in a ring. The FM shortcut is
CTRL-q - (dash) or ALT-0173.

The weird thing is that in both instances (using CTRL-q - (dash) and
ALT-0173) or by copy - pasting from the character map, the character
shows correctly in FM 7.2 but after distilling, the pdf shows the hand
holding pen turning left.
Both characters are using the dash, according to the character map,
with the difference that the hand is hard dash and the 2 circled is
the soft dash.

Any ideas? Will I need to use the circled numbers from Wingdings 1?

I have no problems with the circled "1".

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson,
Supervisor Publishing,
Air Atlanta Icelandic.