How many FM users are there?

Bernard Aschwanden bernard at publishingsmarter.com
Wed May 16 08:00:00 PDT 2007

Just as a further note to the info Max passed on, I'm happy to say that several of the features shown included some awesome tools that Frame has been missing for years. While it was demo of a pre-release and not all versions may make it into the final copy (that should keep legal happy) it was neat to see things like track changes and multiple conditions being added into the application.

Add to that the expected inclusion of solid DITA support and the software can easily hold its own against Arbortext. While the default export of DITA content in 7.2 was weak (I built an independent way to create some DITA while Adobe sorted this out) the DITA Application Pack (Free download from Adobe) does a great job. I've created numerous DITA documents including maps, task, references, concepts and more with it and run transforms and validation against the files. I did so in third party tools and other DITA tools. No issues. Frame is solid and will continue to get better.

Add support for a variety of other publishing features and Adobe has shown that the rumor of Frame's demise are entirely wrong. The product is strong and viable. The feature set that has been publicly shown results in rounds of applause. I'm so happy to see that there is ongoing  development and that the Adobe booth was mobbed with requests for info on a variety of new tools.

All the best,

Bernard

Bernard Aschwanden
Director of Technology and Publishing Architecture
Bright Path Solutions

bernard at brightpathsolutions.com

www.brightpathsolutions.com