FrameMaker.next

Keith Soltys keith at soltys.ca
Fri May 18 07:08:52 PDT 2007

Diane Gaskill wrote:

> My question is Why??  I suppose this is a little OT, but I cannot imagine needing more than 10 conditions, even when you create PDF for both computer screens and handhelds, and also help, as well as have 3 or 4 models of a product described in the same set of files.  How in heck to you keep track of 80 tags, Carla?
>
> Diane

It's very easy. Earlier this year I worked on online help for a product
that had three different versions, depending on role (user, user
administrator, system adminsitrator). I had to produce both online help
and a printed manual. I ended up with 14 conditions to handle all the
variations. 80 conditions is a bit extreme, but I can easily imagine a
scenario where you'd need them - though I'd be looking for alternatives
myself.

Keith